Thursday, February 26, 2009

Review:Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Oooh... Sweeney Todd..
Another movie with Johnny Depp and Tim Burton working together.
Love it.
Although they're not not the greatest of singers, I love the cast.
They suit their roles perfectly, specially Johnny Depp as Sweeney Todd and Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Lovett.
I loved how the production maintained the beauty of the songs in the original Sweeney Todd play but also transformed them into something that would suit the big screen..
The way they transition from songs to dialogue is flawless.
I also loved Tim Burton's treatment for the film.
The movie was almost in black and white and they had color in all the right scenes.
I think the blood was also made to look a bit different.
Not exactly like blood.
The ending of the movie was a bit different from the play.
I haven't watched the entire play yet.. I'm going to do it later tonight.
Tim Burton rocks!
Overall Sweeney Todd is the best movie that I've seen for a long time..
I love Johnny Depp......................

1 comment: