Friday, March 27, 2009

Review:Ramen Tei

My beau was craving some Japanese food (again) so I decided to look for one in Festival Mall that we haven't tried yet.
I discovered Ramen Tei through the Festival Mall website and suggested that we check it out.
First off, I have to say that when we saw the restaurant we had second thoughts about whether we should enter or not.
Only one table was occupied and it really didn't offer much ambiance.
But because I was too lazy and hungry to go look for another place, we decided to go for it.
I apologize for the not so decent pictures.
The place had minimal lighting and I didn't want to use flash 'coz it might bother the people in the other table.







The place had minimal decorations and didn't really offer the "Japanese restaurant vibe". I think there were only four people on staff that day (Thursday afternoon).The place had minimal decorations and didn't really offer the "Japanese restaurant vibe". I think there were only four people on staff that day (Thursday afternoon).






The first thing I noticed was how long the menu was. There were 807 choices including the drinks! (3 weren't available)





Beau commented that the menu was like a karaoke song list.





It took us a long time to choose our order and in the end we chose the set meal. Beau ordered the Sashimi Teishyoku (mixed sashimi) and I had the Ebi Tempura Teishyoku (batter fried prawns). Both meals included miso soup, potato salad, rice, mixed vegetables and a slice of ripe mango for dessert.





Ebi Tempura Teishyoku (310php)





Sashimi Teishyoku (310php)


I have to admit, the food tasted a lot better than I expected. The vegetables were freshly cooked and the potato salad was yum! Tempura always tastes the same for me although I do like the consistency of the batter that they used. It was a good deal for 310 pesos each and we were really full after the meal.


Pros:
-friendly staff
-good food
-privacy (we were the only people left after the people from the other table were finished)
-reasonably priced


Cons:
-air conditioning was a bit too warm for my liking
-the miso soup was a bit bland
-poor ambiance
-ants!


Overall, I'd still like to go back to the place although Beau didn't want to return because ants bit him. Oh how ants love my Beau. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment