Friday, March 20, 2009

Review:Kanin Club @ Paseo de Santa Rosa

My boyfriend and I decided to eat at Kanin Club for our 6th anniversary.
The food was really good although there were a lot of people so we weren't able to enjoy the ambiance that much..
We arrived during the peak lunch period so we were lucky to get seats.
We ordered the aligue rice, their famous crispy dinuguan (which I adored) and the Tom Yum Goong. I wanted to try more but seeing as there were only two of us, it seemed wasteful.








The Ambiance (score 8/10)
-I loved the whole Filipino feeling the restaurant had. There were stained glass near the doors
and the tables were made of wood and had capiz windows under the glass. Folk songs were also being played in the background. Now if only the employee uniforms matched the theme...








Aligue Rice-119php (score:4/10)
-it seemed a bit too bland for my taste. It was like colored white rice and nothing more.








Crispy Dinuguan-209php (score:9/10)
-I've read much about this dish and I wasn't disappointed. I loved this. I usually don't eat diniguan unless I know what's in it but this was definitely an exception to the rule. My only complaint is that most of the pieces were too big and not really bite size. And of course, the crispness tends to go away after a few minutes.







Tom Yum Goong-292php (score:8/10)
-I liked this one a lot too. It was like a spicy-minty seafood sinigang. There was a candle under the serving bowl so it was kept deliciously warm. I was a bit disappointed though because it only had one big shrimp in it and the rest was mussels and squid. I only eat shrimp. ^_^




Pros:

-Good food
-Reasonably priced
-Fast service (the place was packed!)



Cons:

-Small area
-Airconditioning wasn't that cool
-Tacky paintings (in my opinion)



Overall Rating: 8/10
-It's a good place to go to if you want to have a good meal with your family or friends.
I don't recommend it for first dates though. The ambiance isn't really romantic and there's too much people.

No comments:

Post a Comment