Friday, October 02, 2015

19 Nostalgia-inducing Music Videos From the 90's

As a kid during the 90's, I grew up during a time when MTV actually showed music videos all the time. I saw how Britney Spears transformed from a skinny teenager to a curvy woman in the span of a few months as well as screamed to the tunes in Jagged Little Pill. So here's a bunch of videos that will hopefully bring back memories of better days. Or whatever.


1. Torn - Natalie Imbruglia (1997)

"I'm torn
I'm all out of faith
This is how I feel
I'm cold and I'm shamed
Lying naked on the floor
Illusion never changed 
Into something real
I'm wide awake 
And I can see the perfect sky is torn"




2. MMMBop - Hanson (1996)

"So hold on the ones who really care
In the end they'll be the only ones there
And when you get old and start losing your hair
Tell me who will still care
Can you tell me who will still care?
Oh care"




3. Baby One More Time - Britney Spears (1999)

"I must confess that my loneliness
Is killing me now
Don't you know I still believe
That you will be here
And give me a sign
Hit me baby one more time"



4. Genie in a Bottle - Christina Aguilera (1999)

"The music's fading and the lights down low
Just one more dance and then we're good to go
Waiting for someone
Who needs me"




5. Don't Speak - No Doubt (1995)

"I know what you're thinking 
I don't need your reasons 
Don't tell me cause it hurts"



6. Zombie - Cranberries (1994)

"In your head,

In your head they're still fightin'
With their tanks and their bombs
And their bombs and their guns
In your head, in your head they are dyin'"



7. Cryin - Aerosmith (1993)

"I was cryin' when I met you
Now I'm tryin' to forget you
Love is sweet misery"



8. You Oughta Know - Alanis Morisette (1995)

"And every time you speak her name
Does she know how you told me you'd hold me
Until you died, til you died
But you're still alive"



9. Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Garden (1997)

"I want to stand with you on a
mountain
I want to bathe with you in the sea
I want to live like this forever
Until the sky falls down on me"



10. Wannabe - Spice Girls (1996)

"If you want my future forget my past, 
If you wanna get with me better make it fast, 
Now don't go wasting my precious time, 
Get your act together we could be just fine"



11. Wonderwall - Oasis (1995)

"Back beat, the word is on the street
That the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before
But you never really had a doubt"



12. I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys (1999)

"You are my fire
The one desire"



13. Livin' la Vida Loca - Ricky Martin (1999)

"She'll make you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain. 
She'll make you live her crazy life 
but she'll take away your pain like a bullet to your brain. Come On!"



14. Waterfalls - TLC (1994)

"Don't go chasing waterfalls
Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to
I know that you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all
But I think you're moving too fast"



15. Semi-charmed Life - Third Eye Blind (1997)

"I want something else, to get me through this
Semi-charmed kinda life"



16. Barbie Girl - Aqua (1997)

"I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic!
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation"



17. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing - Aerosmith (1997)

"I just wanna hold you close
I feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time, yeah, yeah, yeah!"



18. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion (1997)

"Love was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on "




19. Iris - Goo Goo Dolls (1998)

"And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive"



No comments:

Post a Comment